Monday, October 10, 2016

Students, a Shelter & a Spectacular Museum

Greetings dear readers!

I must apologize for the long wait! Things have been hectic during this last week, Caleb and our Dad embarked on a new project outside. They have built a shelter for part of the deck and it only took them 2 and a half days! :)
Even though they had some minor setbacks along the way. We thank the Lord for blessing us with this!
I'm pretty sure we'd use it a lot during the Christmas holidays and other future holidays! My parents are going to work more from home now, so that's also another reason for building the shelter, it's really peaceful to work outside.
Curly and Joshy insisted on being outside the entire time that Caleb and my Dad worked! It was so loud at times with the drilling but that certainly didn't phase them!

This year is coming to an end so quickly! Some of the students from Cedar College, at the main mission, came to Claridge for about a week. It was a blessing to have them here because most of our youth went to KSB Schulzendal  in Malelane. They went to assist with the youth services there. So, the college students could help with the work in Claridge. I took a walk with some of them and we had a wonderful time together! I must admit that I haven't had a proper long walk in a while. We used to walk like everyday before but not so much anymore, it's kinda terrible actually! There's nothing like a good walk to get your muscles moving and your heart thumping, one feels so good afterwards, at least I do! ;) We usually take Curly with us when we walk but she is getting older and I don't want to strain her, she'll keep walking as long as you do even though you can see that she's exhausted! She does need exercise but not a very loooong walk.
My Dad is going to install some gates onto the deck so that we can let Blitzy out without worry about dogs or other animals chasing her, she can be safe on the deck and anyway, most of the dogs here are afraid of Joshy and Blitzy! She'd be elated to go out again!

Joshy is a bit wary of this newfangled shelter and only uses it when he thinks that we can't see him doing so. Whenever we go outside, he quickly goes to a spot away from the shelter, to show his distrust of it. Cats do not like change! This was his initial attitude towards the deck when my Dad had just built it, he didn't like it then! Now......he loves sunbathing on it!

On Saturday, we went to the museum! We were kids the last time we went there, it was so nice to visit again. We love looking at old relics and stuff from the old times, it was also amazing to see the different animals. When we lived in Durban, we often went to the museum there. My parents had a catering and training business then and so they would do their training sessions in the auditorium at the City Hall Museum. Caleb and I would help my Mum with the catering part upstairs at the café area. They worked every Saturday morning, so we got to experience the museum every week, we loved it!
Anyway, the museum we visited on Saturday is a different one, not the one in Durban.
That evening, we celebrated Lungi's 21st birthday with a surprise supper at Bible House! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'd know that I mentioned Lungi a couple times, she is a student at Cedar College but is from our congregation. She is finishing her 3rd year of studying. Lungi's favorite color is yellow and coincidentally, most of the decor was yellow, even the juice! It fit perfectly! My favorite color is also yellow, although I do love aqua too! Anyway, it was a lovely evening! The girls decorated the hall beautifully...they used fairy lights and it was so special. Juliana Matveyuk made a delicious "pineapple dessert". She didn't know the name of this dessert so we had to invent one on the spot.....quite original, hey? You see, even the dessert was yellow! Juliana is a 2nd year student at the college (CCE) and is Russian. I got to use a bit of Russian with her!

Oh! I found some time to do a bit of crocheting too, it's actually quite relaxing....sort of. I still love it! I know I promised to pick up my Mum's old knitting needles and to get started with knitting but.....I'll have to tackle that sometime in the near future.

God bless!
Sele'ha Mikhaila Dhew


Curly loves to ruffle her covers up!

A pair of tiny baby booties which I crocheted 

I also crocheted this quick coin purse

The lovely shelter/roof!


Curly inspecting the final product

The dining hall at Bible House, so beautiful!

The girls table

The dessert that Juliana made

One of our dams at Claridge 

Overlooking the dragonfruit fields

No comments:

Post a Comment