Friday, March 11, 2016

A Portrait and a Pie

Howdy ya'll!

Last week, I got into the Southern mood and baked a blueberry pie! It was delicious if I do say so myself. ;)
Well, actually, the real reason I baked this treat was due to the fact that my Mum was discharged from the hospital! The operation went well by God's grace and the patient is recovering. My Mom does not like to rest or take it easy, it's work, work, work!! I think it's like that with all mothers.....okay, well perhaps not ALL..hehehehe

During the week, we took a drive through a park. Now, though we live on a farm, the city is just 10 minutes away. It was a nice drive and we got to see a zebra or two.

I've been keeping up-to-date with my sketching, I try to do it as often as I can....it's a great stress-reliever! This time, I tried doing a portrait.....I've never done a proper portrait before so it was fun trying it out......please don't expect much from the photo, it's my first time! I sketched Uncle Erlo Stegen, the director of Kwasizabantu Mission, all the mission branches stem from the main mission which Oom Erlo started. It was actually his 81st birthday at the beginning of this month.

Joshy insists on sleeping on a chair and not in his basket so we had to pick a chair that will be "his".
Curly is certainly not a "morning doggie", she is so slow in the mornings and doesn't eat breakfast everyday, she'll only eat much later. Also, she eats all sorts of weeds outside which upset her tummy and then she just won't eat until she feels better! If you look at her chubby little body, you'd think that she eats alot of food and many people do think that. Although, she hardly eats! She does, however like to snack. We try not to give her too many unhealthy treats though.
Sorry that this update is short but do enjoy the photo's!

May the Lord bless you,
Sele'ha Mikhaila ♡

Joshy on his chair. ;)

The unbaked pie packed with blueberries.

Ta-daaa! The finished product!

Ooey gooey goodness...

It's not so pretty afterwards. Hehehe

Some zebras at that park.

Curly and Blitzy taking it easy.

My attempt at a "portrait" of Uncle Erlo Stegen.


No comments:

Post a Comment