Thursday, December 10, 2015

Delicious Pies & a Daring Duo!

Howdy! 

Today I baked some mini-blueberry pies! I used bluberries that were grown right here on the farm. The pies were delicious if I do say so myself. ;)
I didn't want the juice to ooze out of the pies like that but my Dad claims that they are more appetizing this way!


  

On Friday, we visited our grandparents in Durban, it's about 45min away from us. We try to visit at least once a month or so. This time, my Grandmother was not well at all so, we took her to a hospital in Pietermaritzburg which is the town that's just 10 min from Claridge. It was better that my Gran was closer to us so that my parents could care for her. They went to the hospital 3 times a day and it did leave them quite tired at the end of the day. Thankfully, my Gran gained more strength as each day passed and on Tuesday, the doctor discharged her from hospital. My Gran was rather homesick so, my parents took her back to Durban yesterday. It was a surprise for my grandfather and he was quite excited to have her back at home! They are inseparable, really. We're glad that my Gran is on the road to recovery and is taking it one day at a time. We are praying for her.

Here at the Claridge mission, there are devotions twice a day, in the morning and evening. Well, one night, after we had returned from devotion, I looked around for Curly. She would usually race to the door to go outside when we arrive but this night she was quiet........too quiet. So, I slowly peeped around the corner of our dining-room to find her curled neatly on top of the couch! How naughty! She wasn't the only offender though, on the seat of the couch was an adorable little ginger bundle. It was Joshy! These 2 seemed to have planned to be naughty together. It was a case of "I-won't-tell-if-you-don't".
Sadly, we had to end that little party! Blitzy was the only well-behaved one, for once!
Last week, we had a visit from Kenzo and Lassie, they're so sweet! They came to see Curly, actually. Then, Blitzy sauntered up to the gate and Kenzo made a run for it! Lassie raced off too, then slowly came back to catch a glimpse of this little kitty. It's really funny to watch them run away from a small little creature like her. ;)

Geniet die foto's!
That's Afrikaans for "Enjoy the photo's!" 
Afrikaans is similar to Dutch, in case you were wondering.

God bless,
Sele'ha Mikhaila ♡ 

Blitzy, so innocent.

The daring duo!

Joshy did not seem to care at all!

Curly's "visitors" on the other side of the gate. ;)

Lassie peeping from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment