Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Cold Weather, Crochet & Comfort Food

Hello!

I must apologize for the long wait since my last update! This time I do have a valid excuse, I was busy with my crochet project. :)

Yes, finally it is done! I've been longing to share photos of it for a while but I didn't want to spoil the surprise for all of you. Anyway, I'm thankful that it is completely finished by God's grace and we have sent it to the Royal Agricultural Show arts & crafts office, so it has already been judged by now though we will only see the results when the show opens. It is from 26 May-4 June. So it starts the day before my birthday and ends on my parents' wedding anniversary! If you haven't read my recent posts, then I'll tell you about my crochet project. I made a little farm scene complete with a double-storey farmhouse, a barn, a pine forest, a pond with a little duck and of course a red truck, tractor & trailer, a vegetable patch, a strawberry patch and a wheat field with hay bales.....oh and a little paddock with an Appaloosa horse. I wanted to do a lot more but due to time constraints, I wasn't able to make all that I had envisioned. Though, what I like about a playmat is that one can always crochet more patches and add to it at any time, for years to come!  

On Sunday was Mother's Day, it was super cold and wet in Claridge but I love that type of weather anyway. ;)
We had visitors, it was the Matveyuk family from the main mission, they're Russian, do you remember my post when Juliana came? She is the daughter from that family. Also, there was a family straight from Russia, they actually live on the same mission as Katya, in Kuzminka. I shared photos from their bakery in my previous post. There was also a Russian American lady from Missouri, USA. We had a lovely lunch together, my Mom made a chicken pie then Oom Peet & Andra made some "potjiekos". It's a traditional Afrikaans dish, you can click here to find out more about it. For dessert, my Mom knocked out 2 trays of her delicious peach tart topped with custard. Can comfort food get any better? The whole menu was just perfect for a cold day. The visitors seemed to enjoy it too. Okay, that's all from my part for now!

Enjoy the rest of the week!

God bless,
Sele'ha Mikhaila

My crochet project!





Sleepy Blitzy

Joshy

Blitz is too big for this barn!




After the storm, Joshy was at peace.

Close-up of Blitzy, she loves the camera!

Red leaves for Autumn


There are many pics of Blitzy!






Blue Bulls blanky

Blitzy on her morning walk


I trimmed the fur around her eyes, so she can see properly!

Joshy hiding his ginger face


Naughty! Definitely not allowed here!
   
Renate sent me these photos of the beautiful sunset at the main mission.



No comments:

Post a Comment