Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Nice Christmas & a New Year

It's 2018!

So I guess I must say Happy New Year my dear, loyal readers!
I have missed uploading a post for Christmas, I do apologize for that but I now present to you.......a Christmas and New Year's update, all wrapped up in one post!
How fun, right? Anybody??
Oh well, perhaps some photos may cheer you up a bit...or a lot. ;)

Anyway, my grandparents came over on the 14th of December and we had a family get-together on the 16th. Lunch was served on the deck, it went very well!
We had quite the spread, it almost felt like Christmas lunch!
Speaking of which, Christmas was lovely at home. Oh!! I nearly forget to mention that Oom Peet and Tannie Andra are back in Claridge for a little while!! We really enjoyed spending time with them again.  They are currently visiting Schulzendal Mission in Malelane, Mpumalanga.

We celebrated New Year's Day with a lovely lunch and a delightful dessert (you can't forget that!). The afternoon was spent watching movies, we haven't had the time to watch anything lately so this was a real treat for us!

Have a blessed 2018!
Sele'ha Mikhaila
♡♡♡

A new sign we got!

Curly's feeling the Christmas spirit alright! ;)

Blitzy refused to wear a Christmas hat! 


Christmas baubles

Our Christmas tree!


The food! 





Trifle!

Blitzy and Curly

This pic was taken during our renovations, my Dad painted my room wall so the blinds had to be removed and Blitzy was so protective of it!

Curly on the deck



Joshy and Blitzy outside



Sisters!

Curly next to the Avocado tree we grew from a seed! I named him Michael :D

Blitzy and Curly sharing a meal of leftover turkey.

Lassie! She was ecstatic to have Oom and Tannie back! 


She (like me) didn't stay up on New Year's Eve...


The dessert we made and have yet to name. It consists of a cookie crumb base topped with chocolate pudding, rich custard, fresh cream and drizzled with a generous dose of caramel! Sounds divine? Oh, it sure was! 




No comments:

Post a Comment