Friday, August 24, 2018

Crochet Craze

Hello!

It’s time for another blog post! This time I would like to talk about crochet and all things in that area! So, I started crocheting like 2 years ago I think, not long! I had zero experience with it but my friend Renate started learning the craft so I decided to give it a try too! I had tried knitting before but I just confused myself with the stitches which made me wary of trying crochet. Thankfully, there are several tutorials on YouTube and I learnt the basics pretty quickly. It’s a lot easier than you think! So after getting to grips with the stitches and such, I jumped into crocheting! I really enjoy it! It’s relaxing :)

I still learn stitches along the way but I did two large scale crochet projects and entered them in the Royal Agricultural Show last year and this year. I’ve uploaded photo’s of my most recent crochet project. I decided to do a living-room scene this time and it was surprisingly quick to do! Either that or my hands are used to crocheting now so it felt much faster. This one also won 1st Prize, as did my previous one, by God’s grace.
I have tried following patterns and online tutorials but a lot of the items in my crochet projects are my own invention! Sometimes I just create it as I go along or I look at a picture of something that I like and try to replicate it myself.

So next time, don’t be afraid to try something new, you may find yourself enjoying it! That’s what motivated me to continue crocheting and now it’s one of my favorite hobbies.

Enjoy the pics!

God bless,
Sele’ha Mikhaila

For more from Cats of Claridge, click the following links :
YouTube 
Pinterest 
Cats of Claridge Instagram
Blitzy's Instagram 
My Art Account 
Google +
Amazon


Here it is! I crocheted Joshy, Blitzy and Curly into the project too!

The couches were actually the easiest to do!




In the display case at the show.

First Prize!

I initially made these couches but decided to change it because they didn't sit so well and were quite small in size.
I crocheted these beanies for Renate's baby boy, Josua.

The little couch up close


No comments:

Post a Comment