Thursday, March 30, 2017

A Fire, A Feisty Tabby & Finally Crocheting Again

Hello dear readers,

I have fresh photos and new updates for you all!

We went to Durban to visit my grandparents last week, my grandfather turned 70 on the 26th so we spent some time with him on Friday. He does not look his age, really! It's hard for us to even believe it. Anyway, as we reached the city of Durban, we noticed this huge, dark cloud of smoke. It was quite windy that day so the smoke traveled throughout the city. It was unlike anything I've ever seen before. When I checked the news on the Internet, there was already an article about it. A huge warehouse in the Bluff area of Durban had caught alight. There were wax panels and plastic stored in that warehouse so, it took the firefighters a while to extinguish the fire. It burned for hours but thankfully nobody lost their life.

In other news, we took Joshy to the vet today. Don't worry, he is in perfect health but it was just time for his yearly vaccinations. We loaded him into the car and were then subjected to his meows throughout the entire journey. He is a lot more relaxed now so his meows are actually just a way for him to complain. He was due for his vaccines a few months ago but my parents were really busy. Finally, we got the job done and he was home in no time!

Well,  the annual Royal Agricultural Show is coming up in May and I have decided to enter something in the crochet section this time. I have only ever entered cross-stitched items but I just wanted to change things up a bit. I LOVE crocheting! I did take a break for a few months but I'm into it again, with more vigor. 😊 I didn't want to do the boring old tablecloth or blanket though (no offense), I wanted to do something more fun, well at least for me. I wanted to challenge myself. I have made amigurumi toys for friends but I decided to rather do a playmat. Now, you might be thinking, a playmat? Isn't that as boring as a tablecloth or blanket? (Again, no offense)
I'm not making just any playmat, I'm making an interactive one that is actually a scene in the country as well. Does that make sense? I'll upload a photo when it's completed. It's going to have a road, a pond, flower patches, a hay field, fruit fields and so much more! Okay...I may have gotten a bit carried away, it is after all just a crocheted playmat. Though, I'm making it more for fun than the competition of it, I just simply love crocheting, did I mention that already? Now, I'm sure you're tired of hearing about my crafty side, so, take a look at the photos below!

God bless,
Sele'ha Mikhaila Dhew
  ♡♡♡

P.S. There is a wedding this Sunday at the main mission, it is the wedding of Christoff de Wet and Elona Joosten. Stay tuned for my next post to hear all about it!


We made some dragonfruit sorbet and topped it with whipped cream.
I crocheted this bird and her eggs a while ago but I showed it to Blitzy the other day.


This is how I found it after Blitzy was left alone.

She's not sorry at all!

I took these photos whilst we were in the car.

You can't see the building from here but the smoke had engulfed central Durban.

Due to the strong wind, it reached North Beach too.

Curly on the deck

A train in the distance, the railway runs at the entrance to our farm.


Pretty!


Blitzy inspecting the water fountain

Joshy 




She just noticed the teddy bear now!



No comments:

Post a Comment